Thursday, September 30, 2010

Treasury Thursday

I can't promise this will become a regular feature but I've been having so much fun creating Etsy treasuries in my spare time. I think it's helped that I've been too sick and lethargic to do much else but lie around and muck about on the computer. It's like the ultimate in window shopping. Here you have a huge marketplace full of the most creative and beautiful products imaginable. There's a certain freedom to the process of putting a treasury together. There's also an art to it so I feel like it's something I improve at with each practice.

I wish I had more friends on Etsy so I could deliberately feature their items and drum up some business. Alas, I am a loner so I simply add whatever goods catch my eye. I tend to wind up with items I'd either like to buy or make myself, although some wind up in there purely for aesthetic purposes. Every time I'm done putting a treasury together I discover more and more items that I could have happily thrown in there. It's just as tempting to throw them into the shopping cart, but I resist for the sake of my bank account. I like to think I'm doing some good and helping out the sellers whose items I feature. This can't all be solely for my benefit!

'Cold Blue Steel, Passionate Plum' by Sourkraut

Inspired by my steel blue nail polish and the purple shirt I happened to throw on today. A happy accident with a beautiful result. Forget orange and red. Here's a sophisticated color combo for those cold autumn nights that are rapidly closing in.


Festival - 5x5 Fine...
$15.00

Plum Argyle Screen ...
$42.00

Night Storm - Kanza...
$32.00

Purple Plum -- Rose...
$12.50

Wrap Dress With Sha...
$98.00

Tennessee, a Blue R...
$28.00

Simply Blackberries...
$10.00

Winter Blue, Slate ...
$18.00

Midnight Sky Hair P...
$7.50

long horn wall look
$9.00

Capulina in Slate B...
$50.00

Velvet Deep Purple ...
$17.00

Dark Entries Deep P...
$18.00

Steel Boned Taffeta...
$140.00

Purple Prose
$75.00

Over-the-Knee Croch...
$40.00

Generated using Treasury HTML code generator by Whale Shark Websites.



'Greetings From Beyond the Grave' by Sourkraut



OFF WITH HER HEAD L...
$26.00

Raven leather mask ...
$

Lil Reaper
$12.00

Bride Haunted House...
$3.75

5 Crocheted Skulls ...
$55.00

Victorian Murder Sk...
$150.00

Gravestone series -...
$10.00

Exploited / mature ...
$150.00

HITCHCOCKs HORROR s...
$19.95

Spooky Scary Skull ...
$

Graveyard Dirt Spel...
$6.50

Zombie Apocalypse C...
$179.00

The Boneyard - 5X7 ...
$14.00

Flock of Black Bird...
$34.00

ZOMBIE DOLL with Bl...
$22.00

DAY OF THE DEAD WED...
$18.00

Generated using Treasury HTML code generator by Whale Shark Websites.


I am madly in love with that Day of the Dead bride and groom in the last picture. Makes the idea of one day renewing my wedding vows so I can have the pretty dress and cake I missed out on by being too frugal the first time around even more tempting.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously. ill take one of everything.

but that cameo takes the effin CAKE! i adore it!! so amazing.