Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Photo A Day [Day 30]

Day 30

I hope you all appreciate today's photo because I stumbled upon a snake in the process of taking today's pictures and nearly gave the poor guy a heart attack. Some might say he shrieked like a girl and jumped back ten feet as a result. As my husband was within earshot but didn't see the commotion that's the story I'm sticking with to explain what he may have heard.

I'll assume you're all far more talented at using Photoshop than I, but just in case you're not here's the tutorial I followed to get the black and white effect with a pop of yellow.

Bonus photo because I couldn't pick my favorite:



365 Project's theme this week: "Still Life"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome shot! I love the pop of yellow.

Anonymous said...

The photo and the story are both priceless. Great work. Thanks for the tutorial.

Anji* said...

Nice shot. I was kinda hoping for a shot of the snake though..

Lina Thomlinson said...

I know! I wish I'd thought to take some pictures of the snake. It only occurred to me that I was holding a camera and could have taken a photo *after* my heart rate went back to normal and the darn thing had slithered away and hid under the bridge.