Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fun With Etsy Treasuries

I've seen clever and beautiful Etsy treasuries cropping up all over the blogging community over the past few months. While I assume that everyone else has already come up with the best treasuries, I decided to try my hand at it when I discovered The Spunky Diva's weekly treasury party. Although my favorite treasuries to view are the ones that focus on one or two colors and combine a variety of elegant items featuring those colors, I wound up going with theme treasuries instead since that's how my brain works. It's actually a lot of fun to put these together, like window shopping with the added bonus of getting to share your favorites with the world. Or at least the ten people who will bother to view your treasury.

Treasury #1: Sharktopus!

In honor of SyFy's original movie, Sharktopus, airing tonight. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like: part shark, part octopus, all terror! If the trailer isn't enough to grab you, Sharktopus' writhing tentacles and sharp, pointy teeth surely will.

Surprisingly, it was a lot easier to find quirky octopus-themed items than shark ones. I'm seriously considering buying that octo-pi mathematics tank for myself.

Treasury #2: Homesick for Charlottesville, Virginia

Charlottesville, Virginia's one of those places where you grow up and can't wait to leave. And then once you do you realize nowhere else will ever compare. Here's a tribute to the place I called home for 23 years and miss dearly.

Again, there are several items on there I'd love to own, especially that gorgeous photograph of the University of Virginia that I discovered was taken by a guy I went to high school with. Such talent!

0 comments: