Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halloween Countdown & A Photo A Day [52]

11 days 'til Halloween. By far one of my favorite horror movies is Stephen King's It. The first time I saw it was when my little brother and I were too young for such horrors. My parents and older brother were watching it and us youngsters snuck behind an arm chair and watched it from there the entire time. I didn't see what all the fuss was about, why our parents had tried to keep us from watching it, but I did enjoy it. I guess I was unflappable even at that age. Then again, I lived in fear that Darth Vader lurked in my closet at night waiting to get me as soon as my dad turned out the light, so I wasn't exactly a sane and sensible child.



Photo a day theme is "blur." This is an easy one for me since half of my pictures turn out blurry anyway, although I suspect that's not quite what they have in mind for the theme.

A Photo A Day [Day 52]

3 comments:

Bree said...

I think IT still traumatizes me to this day. When I was young (maybe 9 or so?), my babysitter decided it wasn't a bad idea for us to watch it (she also showed us Misery, which I loved, so mixed bag of results there). I was so terrified of water after that, my mom had to sit in the bathroom with me when I took a shower for weeks afterwards. Even now, occasionally when it rains, I get a little freaked out if I happen to think of the movie. Part of me kind of wants to watch it to see if it's really as scary as I remember, but I've heard so many adults who were scared by it, I know it would be a bad idea, especially since sometimes just watching previews for scary movies can scare me enough to not sleep well!

Anonymous said...

I've never been able to watch more than the first fifteen minutes of IT. I'm terrified by clowns (much to the amusement of my husband) and the part where you see the clown's head poke up through the sewer drain just freaks me out.

Jennifer Leigh said...

I still remember "IT". I haven't watched it since I was a kid....but I'll never forget Pennywise. :/