Wednesday, October 13, 2010

More Dollar Store Halloween Decor

18 days 'til Halloween!


Can you tell I've been mentally absorbing dozens of Halloween craft ideas from my fellow bloggers and went on a shopping spree at not one but three different Dollar Stores over the weekend inspired by those crafts? Still putting the finishing touches on my pseudo mantle so you can continue to eagerly anticipate the upcoming big reveal.


I picked up a few $1 frames, spray painted them black, and printed some spooky images from random Google searches onto plain paper. Not the best quality pictures if you get up close and scrutinize them, but who's really going to do that? I wish I'd been more meticulous and mindful of the fact that I was going to blog about these but I wasn't. So I can't even tell you what general search terms I used to come across these images let alone the actual sources where I got them. Sorry! Everyone's allowed a bad blogger moment once in a while, right? I can tell you that the "Keep Calm And Scary On" graphic is from Craftily Ever After. I struggled to find the right image for the largest frame but just yesterday discovered a post with lots of free Halloween printables compiled at Sassy Sites. Thanks to them for pointing me in the right direction! I did glue a tiny plastic spider onto one frame and propped a skull and crossbones charm onto another. That added bling really makes the difference, eh?


The vase thingy is obviously just a Dollar Store vase on a Dollar Store candle base with some dead branches from my dogwood tree stuck inside. I dumped the leftover plastic ants from my Halloween cloche into the bottom and wrapped a scrap of spider-covered ribbon from Jo-Ann Fabrics around the vase for some extra scares. For a final touch I tied on some Dollar Store skeletons. I intended to spray paint the branches black but due to my morbid tendency to cover everything in our house with black paint I ran out. Perhaps one day I'll finish the job if I can scrounge up the extra dollar to buy more from Lowe's.


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love all the Halloween stuff :) Cant wait to see it all finished!

Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I love the scary on sign. The frame makes it!

Jami said...

Scary on! I love that!

Unknown said...

very pretty frames! Thanks for inspiring me!

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the pictures that you used!!

Through My Looking Glass said...

Just found your blog from Sawdust and Paper Scraps. I like your style, girl. I am now your newest follower.
-Christy
christybuonomophoto.blogspot.com

Sasha said...

Love all the Halloween decor!

~The Life of Me~

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

The whole display is just plain spooky!! LOVE it!

~Alison
http://oopsey-daisy.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

What a spooky display - perfect for Halloween! I really like the frames. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Jennifer Leigh said...

I'm so gonna make a skeleton tree next year!! :)