Friday, October 22, 2010

9 Days 'Til Halloween!


I'm heading out of town today for a weekend trip back home so I'll be offline during that time. Rest assured I'll keep taking my photo a day pictures and will catch up with you all once I'm home. I'm heading down to Virginia to supply desserts for and helping out with a book club discussion my mom's hosting. I'm bummed that the book club meeting and Charlottesville's 1st annual zombie 5k couldn't have been scheduled for the same weekend as I would have happily participated. Either because I like the exercise or because I'd be running in terror from the hoards of the undead. The run was last weekend and looks to have been a success, raising money for central Virginia's independent film production and promoting Danger. Zombies. Run. I worry that there may still be zombies lurking on the streets of my hometown and that more are on their way. Especially since the University of Virginia campus is touted as having some of the finest braaaaaaaaaains in the country. Maybe their publicity department should cut back on the self-aggrandizing press releases until this zombie plague is under control.

If this becomes an annual event I just might make the pilgrimage back home every year for this kind of fun!

2 comments:

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend with your family!

Anonymous said...

I sooo want to participate in a Zombie Walk! I could not run anymore than two blocks (I'd be the first to die if it only relied on running!) Have a good weekend.

PS- I LOVE Sean of the Dead. Great photo.