Thursday, October 21, 2010

10 Days 'Til Halloween

The winning image: A Marvel of Ants by Bence Máté. Photograph: Bence Máté/Veolia Environnement wildlife photographer of the year 2010

Just yesterday I was boasting about how I bravely watched It as wee lass and suffered no ill effects as a result. I might have left you with the impression that I was some sort of tough kid, unfazed by the horrors of the world around me. Not so. There is one creature that frightens me more than evil clowns, serial killers, and that weird King Friday from Mister Rogers: Ants. Yes, Them.



The award-winning photo at the top of this post, while beautiful, will probably haunt my nightmares for the rest of my days. I can only hope the photographer used a telephoto lens so he didn't put himself in harm's way by getting near those terrible beasts!

0 comments: