Monday, August 29, 2011

A Photo A Day [Day 364]

Because I do not hope


"At the first turning of the second stair
I turned and saw below
The same shape twisted on the banister
Under the vapour in the fetid air
Struggling with the devil of the stairs who wears
The deceitful face of hope and of despair.

At the second turning of the second stair
I left them twisting, turning below;
There were no more faces and the stair was dark,
Damp, jagged, like an old man's mouth driveling, beyond repair,
Or the toothed gullet of an aged shark. "
-T. S. Eliot

I've been wanting to do a shot inspired by this poem using my spiral staircase for the better part of this year. I figured it's high time I got around to it with only two days left to go in my project.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off- I love the photo! Well done. Second- that staircase is AWESOMe! Our first apartment had a metal spiral staircase, but this one in wood is beautiful.

Two more days? What an accomplishment!