Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Photo A Day [Day 363]


As you can see, I survived the dreaded hurricane unscathed. In fact, I managed to sleep through most of it as it didn't amount to much more than an abundance of rain and wind. Fortunately, we don't live in a flood-prone area so no harm was done.

Part of my pre-hurricane preparations involved bringing in everything from outside the house that wasn't nailed down, including a mat outside our back door. This morning I noticed that some algae had grown in the areas not covered by the mat. Before I cleaned it up I figured it would make for a neat shot for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool shot. Glad you are safe.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a shot of something someone had purposely decorated!

Most of us here in the Albany area of New York had no more than a rainy day and some moderate wind at times. Those near creeks and rivers--especially the Mohawk River were not so lucky.