Sunday, January 16, 2011

Rejoice! I Finally Sewed Something!


I don't know why I've been dragging my feet so much when it comes to sewing projects. Sad to say, this is the first thing I've sewn all year and it's such a simple item to whip up that I have no excuse for not making it sooner. When I saw a tutorial at Is It Naptime Yet? for a tea wallet I was intrigued, but couldn't decide if I'd use it enough to warrant making one for myself. Then Christmas rolled around and I realized it would make a perfect gift for a friend of mine. Fortunately she doesn't mind tardiness when it comes to presents.

Once I forced myself to cut out the pieces — and we're talking simple rectangular pieces here, nothing fancy — the entire thing sewed together very quickly. With all of the pressing and topstitching it looks professional and I was pleased to find the perfect button for her in my stash. The tutorial also includes some tips at the bottom for altering the pattern to make a credit card wallet so I might give that a whirl for myself.




Photobucket

5 comments:

Katherine said...

Very cute- what an adorable little scottie dog! Great job! Your friend will surely be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

And it's so cute too!

Bree said...

Super cute, I really like the tree fabric?

I've not been sewing much either, and did for the first time this year over the weekend. Just a simple coffee coozie & a quilt block for a quilting bee, but at least it was something & seems to have gotten me out of my slump!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Oh I get it, it's LITERALLY a TEA wallet, lol. I kept thinking it was made from a tea towel, lol, that's why the name. Then as I'm looking at the pics, I'm like those don't look like credit cards, he he.

GREAT project, and for the tea drinker, I can so see how this would be a WONDERFUL little gift. Very cute!!!!

Thanks girl, for ALWAYS linking up to Amaze me August, I SOOOO love having you.

Bella :)

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Oh, and I guess she like Terriers, is that a terrier, he he. Cute, very cute!!!