Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Photo A Day [Day 137]


Further cementing my status in the neighborhood as the resident weirdo, I attempted to recreate the heartwarming scene at the end of "The Shining" where Jack Nicholson mercifully freezes to death. I was hoping this would turn out a little creepier, especially considering the frostbite I no doubt suffered in the process, but I'm more or less happy with the results. Life would be a lot easier with a twin so one of me could be behind the camera to set up these shots perfectly.

And let me just say that I really hope I don't usually look this bad. Very unflattering angle!

Theme: movie scene

Oh, and let me apologize for the lack of baking or crafting posts lately. With the new year I've made an effort to spend more time reading and cut back a little on the sweets. Note that I said "a little." I'm not crazy enough to eliminate them entirely! I'm hoping to limit my baking a bit, perhaps just to the weekends. As for the crafting I'm in a bit of a slump and hope to get back in the swing of things soon. I hope you'll stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

TJ said...

This is terrific! There is no sacrifice too great for your work - including your neighborhood reputation. Excellent. And BTW I have 3 bananas rotting away for your swirly bar recipe... best wishes from germany, tj

Anonymous said...

When I first saw this, I thought you looked like a frigid zombie. Spooky! Love it!!!