Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Photo A Day [Days 143 & 144]

Got my new 35mm lens in the mail yesterday. The delivery guy nicely left my $200 lens sitting on the front porch in plain view. Good thing I've never had a problem with packages disappearing. Wish I could say the same about the adorable Union Jack valve stem covers I once had on the tires of my car, but I digress. I'm having fun playing around with the lens using my kitties as my test subjects. They're not always so cooperative but out of 20 shots this one turned out the best.



I love that with my new lens I can take pictures in low light, especially since I live like a vampire and my house is constantly shrouded in darkness. Took a series of pictures of our crackling fire hoping to catch the sparks shooting up into the air. Theme: Mid air.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Congrats on your new lens :D

Ashley @ Joyful Creations said...

Love these photos. Super cute cat! Thanks for entering the CSN giveaway.