Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Photo A Day [Day 227]

"I lift my gaze to empty skies above"

"I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in vain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand"
- Sting (Yes, I just admitted that I still listen to Sting)

Technically this is from yesterday but because I wasted hours trying to follow a fancy Photoshop tutorial before realizing that it's way beyond my skill set I'm not going to let my efforts go to waste. As you can see if you follow the link, I only got through the first few steps before I gave up. Even so it took me forever. Perhaps Photoshop and I aren't meant to be after all. Back to regular photography for me, I think.

Fancy pants tutorial here.

2 comments:

A. said...

I noticed that my best Photoshop work comes from not knowing what I do. Tutorials and me just don't go hand in hand. It's my way or the highway (surprisingly I find myself quite often on the latter lol:).

Anonymous said...

Oh, don't give up. My local state university has free classes for Photoshop at its library. Maybe yours does, too. You get to ask questions such as, "why is mine totally #*+!@ up?

On the other hand, I can totally relate to the annoying feeling of time slipping away when in the midst of trying to learn something new.

BTW--interesting pic. Very True Blood-ish with that red tear line!