Sunday, September 2, 2012

What the Focus September Photography Challenge - Day 2

Here are are again. Yet another photography challenge. Prepare yourself for the onslaught of photos. Fortunately for the both of us this one only lasts 30 days. Because it's hosted by Lululemon, a workout clothing company, many of the prompts are fitness related. Perhaps this challenge will serve two purposes: force me to get my camera back out and keep me motivated to do my daily workouts.

Of course, I already outwitted them and came up with a wildly unhealthy picture for the first prompt.

Day 1 - centre

I behaved myself with the second prompt, "set the bar(re)," and came up with something suitable.  At the recommendation of a friend, I recently added some Pure Barre DVDs to my workout routine. They're a grueling combination of ballet, pilates, weight training, and even a little kickboxing. Definitely heavy-duty work for the lower body. There are long sections of exercises done en pointe, or at least as high up on my tippy toes as I can manage. By the end of it I'm usually cursing the instructor and her entire family, pets included. My poor little legs. This stuff had better be working!

Day 2 - set the bar(re)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on!!! En pointe all the way! The bar(re) is set up high. :)

P/S: Thank goodness I don't have to prove that I am not a robot. I always have to re-enter those darn codes. :(

Anonymous said...

Part two....
For today's topic, if I were to challenge myself with this challenge, I would have to submit a picture of my freshly manicured and pedicured fingers and toes in clean, crisp French manicure - pointing "en pointe" at something or other. (Haha!..I'm so not clever with this photography thing...)

*A good friend "kidnap" me for a couple of hours yesterday, to treat me to a relaxing birthday mani/pedi, while catching up with gossip. It seems like this year's birthday celebration is approaching a month long. ;)

kristina said...

Which pure barre DVDs did you settle on? I'd love to try it out at home.

Lina Thomlinson said...

Aww, thanks yogibabe! As I told you before, I definitely think birthdays should be month-long (or more!) extravaganzas. You deserve to show off those perfectly polished nails.

kristina, I like Tracey Mallet's The Booty Bar (I feel so stupid typing those words) - Total New Body. I don't know that it qualifies as barre but I also really like Element: Ballet Conditioning for a ballet-centric workout. Lots of good lower body work on that one too.