Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Photo A Day [Days 281 & 282]

You'll be happy to hear after the cheesecake disaster that I was able to salvage the rest of the cake and made something I was actually proud to present to my husband. I whipped up a one-layer strawberry cake to stack between the banana cake layers. I had the brilliant time-saving idea to put instant banana pudding between the layers and topped it all with banana buttercream. My husband was a happy camper.



Today I bought myself some post-anniversary flowers. Normally I'd shun peonies for being ant magnets but as I'm keeping them indoors I think I'll be safe. When I was a kid my mom had planted some along the driveway of my childhood home so getting out of the car during certain months was an adventure for those of us with a perfectly rational fear of ants. Eek!

1 comments:

Bree said...

The cake looks delicious!

I'm right there with you on the ant thing, especially when they're in big swarms. ::shudder:: Can't stand them! I hope you don't get them in the house coming after your peonies!