Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Photo A Day [Day 394]

You may say I'm a dreamer

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season! I played host to my mom and little brother and we took a brief jaunt up to NYC for a few days after Christmas. Got to see Alan Rickman on Broadway where I managed to refrain from drooling. Did lots of shopping, hit my favorite book store (Strand), and ate so much delicious food in just two days.

This was taken on a walk through Central Park on our way to the Museum of Natural History. I didn't even realize it was the famous Dakota Building until later. I just liked the way it peeked through the bare branches of the trees up the winding path.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pic and realization. I don't know if I ever noticed that building. We do love the Museum of Natural History and the Rose Planetarium though.

Planning on taking the youngest to NYC this spring for his first official visit. Lydia went for the first time when she was 6 and has gone every other year since. Luke's been to the Statue of Liberty but only from the NJ side. I know he's looking forward to visiting.

the cape on the corner said...

as a former beatles maniac, i visited the dakota and the "strawberry fields" part of the park with the imagine peace sign when i was in high school. in one video, they zoom in on the green at the top as their home. i KNEW it.

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I'm a couple of hours north of the city. Love, love the museums, architecture, restaurants, and that incredible park. There are always amazing events going on somewhere.

The shot is beautiful. You truly did capture a snippet of the elegance of NYC in the winter.

Paula @ Blooms 'n' Spades said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :-) Such a beautiful photo! I've still not managed to visit New York, but it's on my 'must travel to' list.