Monday, September 12, 2011

Fall Baking at King Arthur Flour


We had a teaser of fall-like weather last week before temps returned to the 80s. That teaser was enough to get me thinking about fall and everything that comes along with it: crisp, cool weather, cozy sweaters, fall baking, and Halloween, my favorite holiday of the year. I can't say enough good things about King Arthur Flour so when I got an email from them featuring their fall and Halloween recipes and products I knew I just had to share it with you.


First up is a lovely fall recipe full of the best flavors of the season: Caramel apple mini cakes. The apple flavor comes from a combination of apples, applesauce, and apple juice or cider with a little cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in the batter. The cakes are topped with a homemade caramel icing for a perfect flavor combination. While they're pictured as dense little squares made in a pop-up pan, if you lack the fancy equipment a muffin pan will do. As soon as I saw these I added them to my to-bake list.

In lieu of going on a real shopping spree I've gone on a virtual one and picked out my favorites from their fall/Halloween line. While I certainly don't need any more cupcake liners these cute polka dot Halloween liners are hard to resist:



I'm intrigued by their black cocoa, which not only promises to be incredibly rich but it will also lend a dark tint to your Halloween-themed treats:



By far my favorite flavor of the season is apple. I'd love to get my hands on some of this boiled cider, which works both as a flavor enhancer in recipes and as a standalone sauce to drizzle on ice cream or other goodies. Yum!



As far as Halloween is concerned, they've got a whole page of decorating ideas including these spooky little fondant ghosts and eyeballs:




Ooh, I'm starting to get really excited about the season!

Obviously there are many more items and ideas I haven't featured so be sure to stop by King Arthur Flour for your fall baking fix.

All photos from King Arthur Flour

1 comments:

Mamima said...

I've loved the spooky little fondant ghosts and the eyeballs. We're also preparing our Halloween party, we've already made a cute Halloween candy bag.

Thanks for sharing.
www.amamima.com