Wednesday, September 29, 2010

One Lovely Blog Award


While I'm tempted to paraphrase that old quote about not wanting to be part of any club that will have me as a member and therefore sully it with my presence, I can't help but admit that I'm pleased to have been given the "One Lovely Blog Award" from two equally lovely bloggers, The Answer is Chocolate and Ladii Aponte.


I'd been putting off doing this since I was first given the award because of the pressure and time involved in coming up with 15 worthy candidates to pass the award along to. Not that I don't know of 15 lovely blogs but I knew it would be tough to narrow down the list of 184 blogs I currently follow to just 15 and, even worse, cut some of my favorites from the list. For the most part I tried to stick with the little guys, blogs without an abundance of followers that may not have been discovered yet despite their obvious brilliance.

Here are the rules for accepting the award:

1. Accept the award. Post it on your blog with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2. Pay it forward to 15 other bloggers that you have newly discovered.

3. Contact those blog owners and let them know they've been chosen.

I get that this can be a pain for those of you with busy lives so don't feel compelled to formally accept and pass the award along. Just accept my adoration. The 15 lovely blogs I have chosen are:

Ador
Adorn On a Shoestring
Bella Before and After
Catch a Falling Star
Closet Crafter
The English Kitchen
Finny Knits
From the Kitchen Of: Mrs. Bettie Rocker
Haunt Style
Made With Pink
Mega Spooky
My Crafty Crap
Thrift Core
The Train To Crazy
A Whisk and a Prayer

I hope you check them out so you can witness the astounding display of loveliness for yourself!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I actually gave you a blog award today too! I also featured your spider wreath: http://www.polishthestars.com/2010/09/pinching-pennies-and-blog-awards.html I can't wait to go check out the blogs you suggested!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I love that graphic you used! Too funny. Congrats on your awardssssssssss!

FinnyKnits said...

Thanks, doll! Though I'm not sure I deserve any award featuring something as proper as a teacup ;)

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Hey girl, didn't think I would be getting an award any time soon, with all those awesome blogs, I know it's nearly impossible to choose. To think I just found you, and now you want to award me with this, is just AMAZING!!! You are super cool, and can totally see why you were awarded with THREE awards, holy cow. I am thrilled to say the least, and completely humbled. I will do the impossible task of narrowing my favorites down, and totally am with you, that this will go to the smaller guys. Just love showing them some love too, :) Once again, THANK YOU!!!!! Really made my day. Bella :)

Unknown said...

Wow, thank you so much! It's kind of weird when you first start blogging, and you wonder if anyone even reads what you write or cares (or think that you suck, lol), so it means a lot to be included in your list! I'm going to spend some time tonight trying to come up with some of my favourites for tomorrow. I had to do that a few days ago for another award, and it was very hard! I totally agree about awarding the small blogs, though. I think the bigger ones don't really care, but it's very flattering and reassuring to the smaller ones!

Again, thank you for including me, and introducing me to some other cool blogs!

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Thanks so much! I never expected to get included in your list- WOW! I really appreciate it.

Made With Pink said...

Wow! What can I say!?! Thank you sooo much for choosing my blog out of all the ones you read! I really am honoured to be part of your "chosen few", especially since I'm so new at blogging. It's always so nice to receive feedback from others and to hear they're enjoying my blog - especially when I think to myself every once in a while "Is anyone really even reading this?" I appreciate you helping to promote "the little guy" and introducing us to some fabulous new blogs!

Thanks again!

Andrea from MadeWithPink.com

Andrea from The Train To Crazy said...

Thank you thank you!! So sweet and kind.

Bree said...

Just wanted to thank you again! I never would have expected to be included with this other wonderful blogs!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Thank you so much for the lovely award!
I have been so busy with work mostly that my poor blog has gotten a little neglected.
This my first blog award since I deleted my old blog and created this new one.
Awesome!